Take Action: Protect LIUNA Members' PayApril 19, 2022 - CLDC LMCC LECET
LIUNA members are skilled workers who do the hard work of building America. Davis-Bacon prevailing wages ensure members earn fair pay and benefits. But non-union contractors are ignoring the rules, stealing from workers, and retaliating when workers speak out.
The Department of Labor has proposed a historic update to protect and strengthen Davis-Bacon prevailing wage rules that will:
- Ramp up enforcement on law-breaking contractors
- Stop wage theft and misclassification
- Implement anti-retaliation protections
- Modernize the process for setting wages to strengthen the wage floor
- Return to the more fair and accurate three-step method in setting wages (a wage rate will be considered prevailing if it was paid to at least 30 percent of workers)*
The DOL's proposed updates are ground-breaking and monumental.
Strong Davis-Bacon prevailing wage rules are your lifeline to the middle-class. Send your message of support for these changes that will protect Laborers' wages, and ensure union contractors have a fair chance to bid on federal jobs.
Send your message of support for these changes that will protect Laborers’ wages, and ensure union contractors have a fair chance to bid on federal jobs.