Pension, Health & Welfare
Chicago Laborers' Pension and Welfare Funds serving participants covered by collective bargaining agreements between the Union and contributing employers. Access important information about your health care benefits by logging into the Health & Welfare Member Self-Service portal.
Fox Valley Laborers Health, Welfare & Pension Fund serving Laborers Locals 582 and 1035 in Boone, Kane, Kendall, and McHenry counties.
Laborers' & Retirement Board Employees' Annuity & Benefit Fund of Chicago serving employees of the City of Chicago classified as “labor services,” certain Board of Education members, and individuals employed by the Laborers’, Policemen’s and Firemen’s Annuity and Benefit Funds.
Municipal Employees' Annuity and Benefit Fund of Chicago serving employees of the City of Chicago and the Chicago Board of Education.
Midwest Coalition of Labor Member Benefits
Midwest Coalition of Labor benefits are for dues-paying members of our Affiliated Locals. We're able to provide these benefits at no additional cost to members because we’ve partnered with the International Union of Operating Engineers Local 399, the Operating Engineers Local 150, the Chicago Regional Council of Carpenters, and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 134 to create the Midwest Coalition of Labor. Over one hundred thousand members strong, we have the power to negotiate with benefit providers to get lower prices and better rates.
1. Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Coverage (VOYA): Non-retired members are eligible for $10,000 in free life insurance and $5,000 in free coverage in the event of an accidental death or dismemberment. During open enrollment, members may also purchase up to $200,000 more in life insurance and up to $160,000 in additional AD&D coverage, no questions asked. Members may also purchase $30,000 in life insurance for a spouse without any medical test.
Call Center Support: 888-212-7822
2. Legal Services: We’ve partnered with Union Legal Services, LLC so that all members and everyone in their household can call and speak with an attorney or retired judge about any issue a member may have, 24 hours a day. We have also negotiated very low rates for legal representation in matters ranging from real estate closings to divorce, wills, criminal matters, and others. Many issues, like criminal expungements and property tax appeals, are free.
Union Legal Services, LLC: 877-694-2663
24/7 Hotline for Criminal Matters: 630-567-5849
3. Identity Theft Recovery Coverage: Through Hartford Steam Boiler, all members and their entire household have $25,000 in coverage for attorney fees, credit reports, etc., $5,000 in lost wages for time spent recovering a stolen identity, and another $1,000 to cover out-of-pocket expenses.
Recovery Help Line: 1-800-472-1866
4. Allstate Roadside Assistance: All members and their entire households, now have Allstate Roadside Services. Each household gets three included services per year, from jump starts to towing, to flat tire repair and more. Members may also download the Midwest Coalition Roadside app.
Allstate Roadside Assistance: 855-256-6019
5. Allstate Motor Club: Members also have access to huge discounts on hotels, restaurants, shopping and more through the Allstate Motor Club. To register go to https://mcl.enjoymydeals.com and use the code MCL1244 to register. Users need an email address to create a username and will be instructed to create a password.
6. The Coalition of Union Labor Credit Union: All members and their entire households are now eligible for membership with the Coalition of Union Labor Credit Union. The CULCU is a member-owned credit union that provides mortgages, vehicle loans, home equity credit lines, direct deposit, and many other banking services. Because it's member-owned, there is no profit motive and the loan rates reflect that. The Coalition of Union Labor Credit Union is a member of the Allpoint ATM network, so members can use over 55,000 ATMs worldwide without a fee. The network includes all ATMs at CVS, Walgreens, Target, Costco, Mariano's and more.
Coalition of Union Labor Credit Union: www.culcu.org, (708) 482-9606
7. Chicago Sun-Times Newspaper: We negotiated a discounted rate for home delivery and digital subscriptions for members. Members can also sign up for any one of the Sun-Times’ free e-newsletters including Working 360, which is dedicated to news and information important to working people. Go to suntimes.com/midwest-labor to sign up.
Please, contact your Local Union Business Manager with questions or call or visit the Midwest Coalition of Labor at 1-800-433-2099, www.coalitionoflabor.org. You may also read more about your benefits here, Midwest Coalition of Labor Benefits Booklet.
Life & AD&D Insurance
VOYA Call Center Support
Online Open Enrollment
Union Legal Services, LLC
24/7 Hotline for Criminal Matters
Hartford Steam Boiler Identity Recovery Help Line
Allstate Roadside Assistance
Allstate Motor Club (Merchant Discounts)
Coalition of Labor Credit Union
Chicago Sun-Times Newspaper