IL Senate President Appeals to Congress for COVID-19 AidApril 17, 2020 - Contractors CLDC LMCC LECET
This week, Illinois Senate President Don Harmon sent a letter to U.S. Senator Dick Durbin on behalf of the 40-member Illinois Senate Democratic Caucus. In it, he calls on Congress to provide financial assistance to the State of Illinois including:
1. $15B in block grant funding to stabilize the state’s operating budget;
2. $10B in pension relief for state’s retirement systems;
3. $6B in funding for state’s unemployment trust fund;
4. Increase in FMAP funding to pay Medicaid providers;
5. Hardship payments for hospitals and other medical providers;
6. $1B in public health grant funding for underserved communities, and;
7. $9.6B in aid to municipalities to support public safety.
Read the full letter here. We will provide updates on this and other relevant issues as they become available.